Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bloom True - Week 3

Here is my progression at the end of Week 3 of the Bloom True workshop.



While I consider myself mostly fearless when it comes to painting and creating, I am finding that I sometimes get set up to paint on these canvases and then freeze. I don't know where to start. What color should I put and where. Should I add some small detail marks or block some areas with color. The decisions to make are endless and I think that is why I sometimes don't know what to do. Eventually I just make a decision and go.

I keep telling myself that there are no mistakes. I don't have to love every bit I add to these and if there is something I do not like I can paint over it. Phew!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful rich colours and designs, vibrant and exciting. And I agree with what you say about what I think of as 'dithering'. After completing the 29 Faces, I've had a real art-adrenalin drop and found it difficult to put the brush to canvas.
    I have looked right back through your wonderful treasury of 29 Faces, and found them a feast of interest and colour that have brightened my afternoon. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well these are very very inspiring...so you must be doing it right.... going with your gut that is!! I love them all!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these Terri! The colors are delightfully vibrant! You made great choices on color distribution.
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great already. And you definitely put your own touch in there. Keep going :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Your style is definitely showing.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.