Tuesday, September 17, 2013

New Work in the Works

I've made a start on a new art quilt. I've finally gotten all the black thread tails buried in the batting layer and now I'm onto the background quilting.



The technique I'm using for the quilt is the same one I wrote about in the Aug/Sept 2013 issue of Quilting Arts magazine.

I've also been spending some time going through my house and doing some purging. It seems like every time I get around to doing this I get a bit more brave with the things I get rid of. Why do we feel the need to have so much stuff when we don't ever use it? It is so nice to create some extra space in the cupboards, closets and drawers.

7 comments:

  1. so very true on the "stuff"... i feel the same way! loved your article, too, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hate getting rid of stuff cause sure as Cmas I will need it as soon as it is gone. But, I am feeling the purging itch right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a lot of threads to deal with :)

    I need to do the same "purge". Maybe this winter...

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of threads! Your work is so happy!!! I agree with the joy of purging however I always miss the exact things I eliminated from my stuff. There is a simplicity of less to manage...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sooo bad at keeping everything-but I do-and am out of space in my craft room for sure-whenever I purge something-I find I needed it down the road-I picked up the magazine with your article - enjoyed reading it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Believe it or not, I enjoy tying off my threads. It wasn't always that way :). I'm attempting to purge a little each month since I want my new 'future' space to be less cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It would be nice to know how to bury threads in the batting - would you be able to do a tutorial? That would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.