Friday, August 30, 2013

Sweet Dress For Baby

A few weeks ago I had purchased some white PFD garments from Dharma Trading. They are all baby size for my granddaughter Rylee. Here is one of them. This is an 18 month dress/top.


I added some design lines to the dress with black textile paint. I applied it with a small squeeze bottle that has a metal tip.


And next I painted on color with Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow paints.


I like how it turned out. I was very nervous about doing this at first because I didn't want to make a mess out of it.  But now that I have this one done, I can feel a bit more at ease when I work on some more.


Below is a view of the back of the dress.


This cute little garment will be part of Rylee's birthday gift. She turns one in about a week. I can hardly believe she is one already.

11 comments:

  1. Ooooohhh, very cute. Nice work. I love how you've turned a very plain white dress into something so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri, it's adorable! That with some little black tights and maybe a coordinating headband...so cute. I can't wait to see what you do with the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever and cute creation! Be sure to send a picture with her wearing it :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is adorable and I hope you will post a picture of your grandbaby in it. Terri, I'm sorry to hear about the clot and sure do hope everything is uphill for you from here on out...no more of this nonsense!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love it!! Wow can't wait to see more!! Spectacular job.

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ps...you should do up some white tights to match.... so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terri dear I am so thankful to hear you are getting really good medical care. There is nothing worse than ill health. I have been MIA and am just now catching up on my favorite blogs. Love the little dress for Rylee. Healing Energy for you my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable and I too cannot believe she is one....seems like 6 mo. ago.

    Get better my friend...so sorry to hear you have been sick.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really adorable! Such a great gift! Love!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.