Thursday, March 22, 2012

Up On the Design Wall


Here is what I currently have up on my design wall. Last weekend was National Quilting Day and since I didn't really have any plans I decided to spend my time piecing together a quilt. I took out my tub of green fabric scraps and went at it.  At one point I decided some pink scraps would be a good addition.  I cut all the blocks at 6" square and have them laid out in a 9x9 grid.  Yesterday I purchased a pink backing fabric and green variegated quilting thread and I'm now all ready to get it sandwiched together and quilted.

10 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it. Love the quilt. I also love the duck cloth painting and what you created from it. You are one talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink was definitely a great addition, little blooms peeking out amongst all of the green leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful. Amazing what a few scraps can make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choice on the pink addition. Love your "inspector"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these blocks, the pinks was a really nice touch with all the greens! Did you sew strips and cut them into blocks, or did you piece alle the little scraps together one by one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I opened up your post and that photos was amazing! I love this one very much-very graphic looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is one wonderful scrap quilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the use of the scraps and basically two colors.
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just luv using one colour but a gazillion fabrics. The pink pops everything. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.