Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Big 1000

I can hardly believe it. This is blog post #1000 for this blog. I started the blog in May of 2006 and it's now just shy of six years. When I started blogging I had no idea what would come of it and I have to say that it's such a part of my life now. I was never one to keep a diary throughout my life and now I almost wish I had. When I look back over some of my long ago written posts, I can hardly believe it was something I wrote. Here's to six more years or more!!!

The quilt I'm sharing here with you today is one I have been working on for a couple of weeks or so. It is going to be my entry in The Alliance for American Quilts 2012 contest. The theme for the contest is Home is Where the Quilt Is.

Home Tweet Home

This is the first time I've entered this yearly contest, although I've been aware of it for a few years now. Off hand, I don't know how long this contest has been held. It probably says something on their web site.  All the quilts submitted to the contest are exhibited at various shows around the USA. The quilts are in essence a donation to The Alliance for the American Quilt and may be auctioned at some point.

There's still lots of time to create a quilt if you are so inclined. The entry deadline is June 1. You can read all the details about it here. Entry is open to anyone and you can enter more than one quilt.

15 comments:

  1. Gosh, Terri, that is just the sweetest thing! I mean - uh quilt! BEAUTIFUL! I think it's A WINNER! Charming, sweet and so appealing with that cut little bluebird. I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this bluebird house quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, Congratulations on 1000 posts. I started blogging around the same time and am getting close to number 300. I am truly impressed with your steadfastness to your blog.
    I love your quilt and hope for all the best for you.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute Terri! And I love the variety of stitching, it really adds a lot of interest.

    Congrats on your blogging milestone...I for one sure enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilt! Your actual blog post count is much higher if you count all the 3CS posts too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite an achievmemt reaching 1000!
    ...and another beautifully delightful quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW. 1000 blog posts......blog land has been greatly enriched by your little corner of the Net!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge Congratulations on 1000 blog posts! Terri I just adore this quilt "Home Tweet Home". It is quiltessentially so you and your style...happy and amazing! Congratulations Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on being such a devoted blogger!!! I love the birdhouse!! Adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will you share your first post with us? Congratulations on BIG 1000!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terri, this quilt is so cute! I love, love, love the colors, and each section of quilting really makes it spectacular! The two baby birds peeking out the hole are just precious. This will be one fabulous entry into the contest.

    Congrats on your 1000th post too.
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. This quilt is probably one of my all-time favorites of yours, Terri -- I simply love it, title and all. Congratulations on the Big 1,000! Here's to 1,000 more posts -- and a huge "thank you" for sharing so much of your time and talent with all of us.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's wonderful, Terri. I do think blogging is all about journaling and thanks for sharing so much of yourself and your creativity. Home Tweet Home is a great example of what you do so well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, I love the hungry babies peeking out, just wonderfully expressive!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.