Thursday, February 23, 2012

Three Leaves and Five Flowers

When you can't think of a great blog post title, the next best thing is to describe your art or photos. Right?

The first quilt shown here is based on a colored pencil illustration I created and shared way back in this post.

Three Leaves
28 1/2" x 29 3/4"
Mosaic collage technique (tutorial here), Mistyfuse, commercial cottons, batting,
free motion quilting, thread sketching, acrylic paint

The next quilt, which measures around 21" x 10", is something I created for a class sample.

Machine pieced commercial cottons, batting, free motion quilting, thread sketching,
water soluble crayons, Mistyfused binding

I don't know what it is lately, but I feel like I can't get a good photo of my artwork no matter what I do. Big sigh! It could be that I'm just a little too lazy to take the time to set up a well-lit photo shoot. Or it could be that my camera lens needs cleaning. Or it could be that I should find my tripod and use that instead of my shaky hands. Or I could blame the cat!

I've been wanting to make another video too, but it seems like I just can't get caught up with stuff lately. Hopefully one of these days.  We finally got some snow.  About two inches I'd say.

7 comments:

  1. AWESOME Leaves!!!!!! The colors and the layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of them but I really love the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these. I feel just like you. I was getting pretty good and now have gotten sloppy with my photography. Mainly due to laziness or being in a hurry to post it before I have to move on to something else.

    Best tip I got to keep everything square was to zoom in on it rather then get closer to it. That really works.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the title...and both your pieces..especially the leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos certainly look great, but I know the feelings you're having. Both wonderful quilts! Three Leaves seems to have a new look with the cooler color scheme, cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both pieces are awesome Terri! I don't know which one I like best because I love them both.

    I think your pictures look great but I know how you feel. I think you should blame the cat! I have picture issues too. I can't figure out how to completely remove the background although I think I might be figuring it out. (I hope!) I don't always use a tripod either. I often sit in my desk chair and steady my arms on the arms of the chair to take photos. It's my shortcut!
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE, love, love those leaves AND your color palette !

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.