Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Flying Geese on a Curve


My friend is teaching a class at my local quilt shop and I decided to play along.  The class is based on Gail Garber's book Flying Colors: Design Quilts with Freeform Shapes and Flying Geese. The first session was two Saturdays ago and the final session will be this coming Saturday.  Our homework for the two-week period was to finish the paper-pieced units.  We each drew our own quilt design and my design is based on a leaf and includes not only paper-pieced geese, but paper-pieced spikes too.

I think I have some fabrics picked out for the remaining areas of the quilt.  This quilt will measure around 18 to 20" in size when done.  It's very exciting to see a design like this, that you've created yourself, come to life.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Love the design & love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! This would almost persuade me to paper piece. yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Terri! Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design, Terri! Look forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! Like the shape and the contrasts you've chosen. EnJOY - hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! Can't wait to see your finished creation...

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! This looks kind of like a Zentangle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh I LOVE this. I have just been looking at some pictures of the venus fly trap plant as part of my city and guilds course and this kind of reminds me of one of those with the open jaws and spikes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terri! This is spectacular! Can't wait to see your finished quilt! And thanks for the book recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in awe as I am trying to make the most simple little quilt square.
    Your work is stunning and I adore your way of trying the unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay so fess up.....are you teachers pet? Lol

    Seriously.....your homework looks amazing

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.