Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Busy Busy

Here are several things I've been working on.  First is a quilt that I actually pieced quite some time ago and it's been sitting on the "to finish" pile for what seems like forever.  I finally got it quilted and completed.

Wonky Stars
53" x 51"

I quilted the blocks (white areas only) in a somewhat small meandering design and for the border area I repeated the meandering in a slightly larger scale.  I quilted the border first in white and then followed the white with a colorful variegated thread, creating a ribbon effect.  At first I wasn't sure how I wanted to quilt the border, but after getting some suggestions from Facebook friends, I knew what I would do.

Wonky Stars detail

Last Saturday I taught a class at my local quilt shop.  We made hearts, like this one.  Everyone enjoyed the technique.



Here are some more mini art illustrations I made with colored pencil/pen & ink.  


The mini art illustrations and the red heart quilt are for sale in my Etsy shop.

4 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Your quilt is beautiful! I always love a quilt with a lot of white in it. Your cards are so cute and are soooo YOU! Love the Heart quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wonky stars quilt is gorgeous! Who gets to snuggle under that one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been a busy girl! Love the wonky stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you ever sleep? I can't believe all the beautiful things you get made :)

    I think that quilt was inspired by your scraps, correct? It is super cool.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.