Tuesday, January 3, 2012

NEW

I totally missed New Years.  I was sick.  Six days and six nights of pure, unadulterated YUCK. But, I'm over it.  OH. VER.  IT. Actually it's been a long time, several years probably, since I've really been sick like that. So now I'm good for several more....hopefully.


So.....HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!


I'm ready to start my new year now. Raring to go. Anticipating a whole, new, what's-it-gonna-bring-me year. I've been doing a lot of thinking lately...had lots of time on the couch to do that...and I'm not going to tell you I've selected a word for the year, or made any resolutions, or that I will participate in a weekly/daily/monthly challenge. I know better! I've done all that stuff too many times to know that at some point I'll wimp out and stop.


Instead I think I will just DO. Do stuff, without declaration. Do art without purpose. No guilt, no commitments (well maybe a couple), and just create, create, CREATE!  YES!  I want to create more Art Quilts! I've got so many ideas. Ideas in my head. Ideas in my sketchbooks. I just don't know which one to choose first.


I hope your New Year is looking bright and sassy.  Let's have fun!

16 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Terri - glad to know you are better and am looking forward to what you create this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear thatg you were ill, but glad that you have sprung back to health. Looking forward to seeing what you are doing and creating

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your approach Terri. Happy New Year to you. Looking forward to seeing what you create in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad to hear that you're feeling better Terri - here's to an art filled 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're feeling better! Stay well!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just thinking about you this morning and wondering where you've been, and lo and behold, you posted today! I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better and I wish you have a very happy 2012!
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you were sick over the holidays Terri, but glad to hear you're well now.

    Looking forward to seeing what wonderful art you create this year.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so thankful you are feeling better. Good for you not to over-commit your creative self right away in this fresh new year. Blissful and Creative 2012 Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year, Terri. All the best in this brand new year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful inspirations as always. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you are back in the studio and feeling good.
    That is the worst when you are sick that long. It has been a while for me too and I hope it will continue that way. Love the Cuppa flowers sketch. Can't wait to see what you do this year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year to you and so glad you're feeling better. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.