Thursday, December 22, 2011

Blog Redecoration

Did you all notice the redecorating I did on the blog???  I felt it was time for a new look, so I went ahead and made some changes.

It seems like I've not had any time lately to post here what I've been doing lately.  It must be that time of year.  Anyway, here are a few things that I've done.  First up is my latest progress on The Girls.  I've now got all the borders on and did you notice???  They're green!  I found a second green fabric that was sort of similar and at first I thought it wouldn't work, but now that it's on there I'm finding that it works better than I imagined.  The right and bottom borders are one green fabric and the remaining two borders are another green fabric.  Both of these fabrics were actually dyed in the same dye bath, a parfait style dyeing session.  So they have a lot of the same dye colors in them, but just in differing mixes of colors


I have the top and bottom borders quilted.  I just need to quilt the two side borders and add a binding and then this one is finished.  I'm thinking I will go with a black with white dot binding fabric.

Next up are a couple of composition notebook covers I made.  These were made from the same fabric that I had painted/stamped/stenciled/screened.  Whew!  That's a lot of techniques all rolled into one.

I crocheted that little doily for this cover.

This notebook cover was given as a prize to the 3CS color palette challenge winner.

Here's a close-up of the doily.

And the final two photos are some doodles I've been doing in my sketchbook.



Have a great Thursday!

16 comments:

  1. Love the new look Terri! And the girls are looking wonderful...the border fabrics are perfect.

    Busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all. You are so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing everything. YOU ARE TRUELY A BLESSING TO ME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new look. I'm working on mine next week. I am very impressed with the doily too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using different fabrics for the borders makes it much more interesting quilt. Not that the girls aren't interesting enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like your new look - it's lovely.

    I wish you would make your photos bigger though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, it's a COOL new look! I like it! Alot. Nice n fresh. And the notebooks cool... a M. Applin screen print on it? And the drawings are really fun. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your first tangle would make an awesome quilt! Merry, Merry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks just great. You got a lot done while not chopping wood :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great new look! as always, all of your work is wonderful. I especially LOVE that notebook cover....green, orange, black and white my all time fave!!! What an absolutely FABULOUS prize!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new look too and everything else. That circle doodle is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had noticed your new look and I love it.. it's light and breezy, and comfortable on the eyes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job on the borders Terri! The new look for your blog is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new look!!!! It's very fresh! Can't wait to catch up! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your composition cover!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The notebook cover has arrived, and it looks even better in real life! Great solution for the faces quilt. I'm curious about the parfait dyeing. How much yardage do you dye at one time?

    ReplyDelete
  15. loving what you did with the faces quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog looks great -- light and lively! I need to do some redecorating too, but I suppose I should also do some posting!

    That bit on the top is just making my mouth water...

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.