Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Girls Are Back

I finished putting the binding on this quilt over a week ago, right before I got sick.  I never got around to taking a photo of it until now.  I have it blocking on my design wall and still need to add a label and hanging sleeve.  

The Store Ran Out of Hair Dye
48.25" x 41.5"
Hand-dyed & commercial fabric, paint; machine pieced, free-motion quilted
Just a reminder, I used a quilt-as-you-go (QAYG) method of creating the above quilt.  The method is one I learned from The Quilting Edge blog. You will find the QAYG tutorial here.  For my quilt I used the QAYG #4 Joining with Wide Strips and QAYG #6 Adding Borders.  These tutorials are wonderful.  I really enjoyed this method of quilting, although I wouldn't use it all the time, just in certain projects.

And up next is a two-and-a-half page spread from one of my watercolor journals.  I started this a couple days ago.  After I am done with the base layers on these pages, my plan is to add doodles on top.  We'll see!


11 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the journal spread -- will you share the techniques you used to get this look??

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those white haired ladies. Where is all the Miss Clairol???

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ladies are perfect! Look forward to seeing your journals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to have you back in good health and sharing your fabulous creations. Blissful and Creative 2012 Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that title!

    Glad you are back and with a renewed sense of enthusiasm. I was sick over New Year's also and it was bad! Here's to being healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ladies....awesome journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sketchbook spread, i think it would make a wonderful quilt, with the doodling being free motion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coooooooollll journal spread! Can't wait to see what you do with this!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.