Friday, July 22, 2011

Sewing with Quilting Fabric

I finished sewing the tunic I started the other day.

This is the pattern I used.

The shirt fits me fine but......it doesn't have much shape in the upper body/bust area and looks a little boxy and unshaped. I compared this pattern to another pattern I have purchased but not made and noticed on the unused pattern it has a dart in the bust area and a slight curve shape in the side seam. So I may like that pattern more. I think if I was to add shape to the current tunic it would be difficult to get on and off without ripping the seams, because I used quilting fabrics it doesn't have much give or stretch when pulling the garment over the head to put it on or take it off. I could also try a stretchier fabric too. I think quilting cottons are not the best fabric choice for these shirts. I'll probably just wear this one around the house.

I still haven't gotten to the quilt shop to replenish my batting supply, so I haven't started on my "to quilt" pile yet. But I have been working on a new quilt. Here is my design wall as it looks at the moment.

2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering if quilt fabric translates well into garments. The stash, ya know! Luving the colours and the design you are working with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liking that new quilt!!!! what is your "design wall" ????

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.