Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Can You Say HOT!

The weather in my neck of the woods is seriously hot and humid.  I've been trying to stay indoors as much as possible.  Over the last few days I've been working on projects.  Up first is the wonky star quilt.  I've finished piecing it.  Now it sits on my "to quilt" pile.  I can't quilt it as I've run out of batting.  I'm not going out, anywhere, until the weather cools a bit.


I did, however, have enough batting to get quilting on my dotty spotty quilt.


I've finished the quilting on this one and attached the binding already.  It's now in the blocking process and then a hanging sleeve.


And today, I'm trying may hand at sewing a garment.  Eeeeeekkkkk!  I pulled some fabrics from my stash that have been there for eons and that I won't likely use in a quilt anymore.  So this is my prototype:


It will be a tunic top......hopefully, when done and I'm basically trying it out to see if I can make it to my correct size and that I like the fit.  At this point I haven't attached sleeves yet.  I'm hoping to do some more tunics in the near future...I bought some patterns.  I'm into the tunic style top at the moment.  Who knows...maybe I'll enjoy sewing garments so much that I will want to be on Project Runway. NOT!!!

12 comments:

  1. Both quilts are fabulous Terri!

    It's seriously hot and humid here too...I think it is everywhere this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both of your quilts!!

    I have been making shirts this summer. I can't find any nice loose fitting (withour spandex or lycra) any more. Good luck if you are using new patterns. I need size 20 in a new pattern but a size 12 in an old pattern is too big. That's how much they have changed the fit over the years. I finally found a unisex pattern that really fits the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it, I'm going home and FINISHING my wedge quilt tonight. Such great inspiration!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dotty quilt! What a great twist on a traditional pattern! Wonky Stars is turning out nicely too! And this heat! Going to be above 100 here later this week. Hoping to stay inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have air conditioning! I love both of your quilts. I keep wanting to make more clothes but I don't seem to make it a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on your lovely quilts. Loving that dots and spots one!

    Clothing, who'da thunk it?

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha, ha, ha! It looks like I am not alone on this tunic subject. Thinking of making some clothes, but not determined yet either.
    Your quilts are beautiful.
    Torrid here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I'm a bit north of you and I wanna say, "very hot"!!! Yikes. Beautiful quilts. I'm going to be setting time aside for some garments as well. Glad you are in the forefront! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilts are really wonderful. I think the dotty spotty quilt is super fun. Sewing tunic tops can be very rewarding. I love sewing garments except that fabric has gotten so expensive I can buy daily clothes for less than I can sew them. Happy stitching my dear...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Summer here in Houston is like your winter. Everyone stays inside in the AC. When winter comes, we go outside to play!

    Both quilts turned out just super!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are a better man than I am! I couldn't follow a pattern to save my life!

    Both quilts turned out really great!

    Try and stay cool:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello from Florida. :) (surfing around quilt bloggers)

    Hey, your log cabin borders on your wonky star top came out very nicely in the end. :D

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.