Sunday, July 24, 2011

Add This One to the Pile


I woke up in the wee morning hours this morning and was wide awake.  So I decided to get up and finish putting the borders on this quilt.  I have sort of named this Sea Glass but I'm not sure if I'm totally committed to that title or not just yet.

I'm happy to say that I now have batting and can get busy with quilting on my "to quilt" pile now, which now includes the above quilt.  I was asked to help yesterday at my local quilt shop as they were short handed and that gave me the perfect opportunity to get the batting that I needed.  I was a very good girl too and didn't bring anything else home but the batting.  That isn't always so easy for me to do when spending that long in a quilt shop.

After I get this one quilted I will try and get some better photos of it.  It's not always so easy to capture the right colors and lighting when taking a photo when it's dark outside and all I have to rely on are my studio lights.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

17 comments:

  1. Sea Glass looks the perfect title to me - all my favourite colours - I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece and perfect borders for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious! I luv your design esthetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that a lot! How big is it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it and I like the name too.
    Only batting...you were good....
    My quilt shop of destroyed during the tornado in Ringgold GA in April. But they are going to reopen Aug 1. (Sew-Bee-IT). I'm soo excited. I was over helping out this week. It had to be scraped off the tarmak and completely rebuilt. Looking good.
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat design and I love the colors! Sea Glass is a good name for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color - has a cool vibe on this hot day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Sea Glass - beautiful! What yummy colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic! The look, the title, the colours.....its got it all going on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great name and lovely!

    Auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is beautiful Terri and I love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors; like the name, but most of all... Good Girl! For not buying anything but batting!!! That's a victory in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the idea of sewing when you can't sleep. I end up going on my computer and working on my blog or surfing blogs. Yours is a much better alternative.

    Sea Glass is so fitting, I hope you keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colors!!! I also love the squares!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this one! The color combo is so refreshing... like a splash of cool water. The Sea Glass name fits it perfectly! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! I have lots of sea glass and this definitely looks like some :-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.