Saturday, January 29, 2011

Valentine ATCs


I created these ATCs this past week. I had the background (blue and green pieces) leftover from another project and decided to make these. I actually was totally out of ATCs in my stash and I like to have some on hand to toss into packages I mail or for whatever reason.

The background on these is Mistyfused fabrics on stiff interfacing. Then I used pre-fused scraps to create the focal design. I free-motion stitched the hearts and then added some painted accents. I Mistyfused some watercolor paper to the back side and then zigzag stitched the outside edges.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Edit: Mistyfuse is sold worldwide. Check with your local quilt shop. Also available online through several retailers and at www.mistyfuse.com.

14 comments:

  1. I'd love to try this but what is 'Mistyfuse'?
    Is it available in the UK?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty hearts! And I love your gourd. I've tried growing them but no luck. Maybe I'll try again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE these!!! I'm a sucker for anything hearts anyway, but love your color combinations and the elongated hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've layered the background fabrics, then the stitched heart on top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might do something like this for postcards. I have a bunch of scraps from my latest paper piecing project and this would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I overthink these and need to work simpler and more spontaneously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like these, the hearts are so perfect - sweet without being sickly! Think I might try this for some Valentine fabric postcards. Thanks for (more) inspiration, really pleased to have found your blog via the 3 creative studios journal quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terri your work is always so beautiful and inspiring. I love your ATC's....they make me smile.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are as sweet as can be! I always love your Valentine's creations!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like these. The colors are so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful, Terri -- I wish I could take a class with you in person to absorb some of this creativity first-hand. These are treasures.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.