Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New Books

I got some new books for Christmas. These are all really fun books, but I have to say that my favorite of them all is Totally Tangled.  The inspiration and design ideas in these books is phenomenal. Do you suppose Santa saw my recent craze with Zentangles?


And of course, I just had to show you my latest tangle.


In quilty news, I've been working on my eggplant-themed 12x12 quilt in recent days. I'm almost done with it. I have to say though that it didn't turn out quite how I envisioned it and I'm thinking about trying another one. We'll see. Anyway, I can't show photos of it until the big reveal on the Twelve by Twelve blog on January 12.

I've also been working on my Growin' Flowers pattern and I'm almost done. YAY! I had hoped to have it ready to add to my shop by the first of the year and it looks like I will meet that goal.

7 comments:

  1. I have all 5 too and they are great. Amazing how much zentangles look like quilting designs!...Love your, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your latest tangle would be a great motif for the start of a quilt -- I can see the colors already.

    Where did Santa find those great books? I'd love to try "Totally Tangled" -- the cover makes it look like fun.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tangle. Looks like you got an entire library of zentangle books. Looking forward to lots of doodles from you. Happy ending 2010...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those books look like WAY too much fun! I have to echo what everyone else suggested: I sure see a quilted mixed media piece with these drawings in your near future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Terry -

    I like your zentangle - very pretty. They're fun to do aren't they?

    I have Totally Tangled and Zentangle 2. I agree with you that Totally Tangled is fabulous! I'm curious what you think of Zentangle Basics and Zentangle 3? Those are on my wish list, but not sure how good they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, I just ordered six quilting books yesterday and now I may have to start a new book list with Totally Tangled on it! And I like your latest tangle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see you work up a "Totally Tangled" with one of YOUR faces!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.