Monday, August 2, 2010

Free-Motion Quilting

I've started quilting on my latest quilt. I keep referring to this quilt as the panel quilt because I created five panels which were then stitched together. Originally I had envisioned creating the panels and quilting each panel separately before attaching together, but for some reason I changed my mind. I've never created a quilt in sections like that before.

Anyway I have gotten the entire center panel section quilted now and today have moved onto another section. Here are a couple of detail shots of how I'm quilting it.


This morning I felt like painting. So I did! Here is what came out of that painting session. This is a canvas panel, about 8" x 8". I had been building up the background on this panel over time as I like to use up leftover paint from my palette. Last evening I took some black paint and painted in the outline shapes. And then this morning I gave her some color. This method and look is a bit different from what I've painted in the past....but I sort of like how it turned out.

10 comments:

  1. The quilting looks fabulous Terri! And I love the new painting..color and depth is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, it must be wonderful to be able to do both so well. I love the painting and the little peek at your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quilt colors. The painting is pretty BUT she looks sooooo sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting looks great...as usual.
    LOVE the look of your latest painting. The colours are unexpected but work so wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the bold look of your new lady. She may seem a little sad, but she also seems strong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting and the painting are both wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all that free motion quilting, it looks just amazing!

    Very cool effect with your lady too.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great quilting techniques! And, since I'm a great fan of black, the new painting really speaks to me. She's lovely!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so talented Terri, the new painting is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.