Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tulips


This is what I'm currently working on. I've been very inspired by the tulips that are growing in my garden and despite them having five inches of snow dumped on them earlier, they are just gorgeous this year. Well, they were more gorgeous yesterday than today. Just this morning I found several had been chewed off and eaten. Stupid Deer! I had been really good about keeping my tulips sprayed so the deer would leave them alone, but I got a little lax and hadn't been keeping up with it. My fault, I know!

Anyway, back to the quilt. I'm almost done with it, just a few more things I need to do.

11 comments:

  1. Very lovely. Hey, better a deer than the bear that keeps coming to my backyard !

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great quilt! Modern art and perfect quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really fabulous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the quilting! the straight lines over the hodge podge browns looks fantastic..... I gave up on tulips... darn deer and squirrels ate all my bulbs... ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the exuberance. I've been doing tulips too as they are just past peaking in my garden. we have no deer in our area luckily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tulips are my favorite - what a fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colors -- I have rabbits that rival your deer -- they love tulips! My solution? Plant daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the simplicity and earthy texture of this!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.