Saturday, May 22, 2010

Baking a New Project

I am in the process of starting a new art quilt so today I was preparing some of the fabrics. Looks like I was baking huh? I found a cookie sheet to be perfect for holding my fabric pieces.


And here is the new design up on my design wall. I created this drawing in my sketchbook and then blew it up in a "new to me" online program that is so cool. A fellow SAQA artist mentioned this website to me as a way to enlarge designs. You basically upload your image, and then tell the program how many sheets of 8.5" x 11" paper you want to fill and it produces a pdf file for you to print out. Before I had been creating these in Photoshop and I had to sit there and print each section and it took a lot of my time. You can find this web site here: Block Posters. This works great for me because I don't take my designs to a copy store to enlarge and I don't have a projector.


I'm a little nervous about creating the cat quilt because it is a bit larger than the sizes I'm used to working with. So we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck!

I haven't done any painting for a time and was getting the itch to do some again. So here is a face I painted in an altered book. I'd love to say I would like to try and paint a face each week in my book, but oh the pressure. So I won't say it out loud, okay?

Hope you are having a beautiful weekend!

11 comments:

  1. I just love your kitties. These three are Smokey, Suki, and Sophie. You drew this just for me, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat site, !erry, thanks for the link. I love the painting, well done. I've been itching lately to get back to my paints, I may have to just dedicate next week to painting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your kitties too! Also your portrait.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to try that site! I have a projector but even with it, I still need a blank wall, a dark room, just the right distance and then you have to be able to "re-draw" in the dark.
    Gotta LOVE technology and Fab artists like yourself who share these terrific tips! Thanks so much
    Kitties are going to be wonderful
    of course!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your cats - too cute! I don't think you'll really need luck, but I wish you luck anyway. And the face is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I wish I could paint something as wonderful as this in my journal. What talent you have! And the cats are going to be magnificent -- don't be afraid of working large: it gives you such great opportunities to do some neat quilting!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought you had made lots of pita chips! You are such a beautiful painter ... I know you didn't say it out loud but I hope you can keep up with a your weekly painting! And your previous post ... beautiful piece .... and ... what do you spray your flowers with that keeps the deer away?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fun! keep painting those faces! looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on your "face" book :)

    Also, I love the oversized bodies on your cats. That is a really fun look and what happy kitties.

    Love,
    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the poster site. I use flat boxes to hold my pieces. Love the face.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.