Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I'm a Sucker

I had to stop by the local quilt shop today to drop off some books. I couldn't remember the last time I had been in there and so I strolled around to see what was new. BIG MISTAKE! I fell in love with the following:


This is a new fabric line called Garden Song by Nancy Halvorsen. And this isn't all of the fabrics in the line. I picked out my favorites. There is also a light blue colorway, but I chose not to get those. I'll probably regret that later. I need more fabric like I need more holes in my head!!! Silly me, what was I thinking? Oh wait, I wasn't thinking...I was sucked in by all the lovely fabric. Note: the two cream colored fabrics way to the right in the bottom row are from a different fabric line.

Now I need to come up with a great quilt project for these. If you have any suggestions, do tell!

16 comments:

  1. Yummy, Terri! I can see how you were taken in! And I'm sure you will find the perfect project to use these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I woulda been sucked in along with you. Those are the kinds of fabrics I like to have in my stash. Phew, good thing I'm not stash busting. But I am BOMing. Whoa! I hope you have ideas for settings cause I am liking these very much and they need a whiz bang, knock your socks off setting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great colors. I would not have been able to pass them up either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fabrics. We are truly fabric magnets! I know I walk into a quilt store and it sticks to me. I can't go into a quilt store and not buy something. I had to "drop" off things to the same quilt store this past week and both times came home with new fabric purchases. Today I attended a sew-cial in a different store and came home with some new fabric.


    ...but bless those delightful quilt stores as they do have beautiful fabrics. Can't wait to see what you create with these fabrics. Yumm.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice fabric, but somehow I think you'll think up something fabulous on your very own :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since you asked, one great project would be MY next project; you have my address. *S*

    I'll be watching my mail.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa, luscious fabrics. I totally understand. My best bet is to just stay away...

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am seriously stashbusting this year but I suspect that there will be pretty fabrics next year too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like these fabrics you got. I would have had to have the blues as it is my favorite color. How much fabric of each do you buy at a time for stash building? Keep creating...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to know other have the same addition!

    The fabrics make me think of summer melons (cantelope, honeydew, watermelon) or flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is always a big mistake to stroll around in a fabric-shop ... 8-))

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fatal to the wallet to go in a fabric, yarn, bead, or book store. I can see why you were enchanted by these fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I smell a spring garden in those colors. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. You must be thinking warm thoughts of spring with our recent cold snap.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.