Monday, February 1, 2010

Time for Tea


Here's a small quilt I just finished today. I started it late last week and worked on it whenever I got the chance. It measures 12" x 12" and I've named it Time for Tea. I'm considering donating this one to the SAQA One Foot Square Auction, but not positive yet. I may make a couple more quilts this size and then make my decision on which one to donate.

If you are unfamiliar with SAQA (Studio Art Quilt Associates), you will find them here on the web. Anyone can become a member, you don't even have to make art quilts...you could just be an art quilt lover/admirer/collector. Here is where you can read more about the One Foot Square Auction.

21 comments:

  1. Really neat Terri, right down to the steam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Terri!

    I never seem to tire of the coffee/tea theme in quilts. I would love to see an exhibit of quilts someday solely with this theme!

    Your "Time For Tea" would make a great auction piece, if that's the way you decide to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure there are plenty of coffee or tea drinkers out there who would bid on this quilt. Be perfect for a kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it. Great colors, fabric, design, lighting. Lovely little quilt.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the coffee/tea theme is a favorite of mine. This is a great depicture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors in this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That would be a good one to donate. It would sell quickly-nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this. This new technique you are using is really interesting and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terri I love this one too.Maybe this is my new favorite...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you are making such sensational collage quilts. They are some of my very favorites. This is just so charming.

    Love ya.
    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful quilt! Its cheeriness makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really have that collage technique down! Looks good and great color/value selection as always:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this would be a perfect donation offering, it would sell very quickly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is so much to love about this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lot of work in a 12" square. "Time for Tea" is perfect. Keep creating...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the texture and detail in the fabrics--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.