Friday, September 11, 2009

Sketch Doodle Block

Pretty catchy blog post title eh?

Well I've been busy this week working on formatting, designing, editing, double-checking, and more on the book that Sue and I will be releasing this fall...Creative Ways with Books and Journals. I've gone cross-eyed!

That's mostly why I don't have much to show as far as new art work goes. I did have some time a couple of evenings this week to do some drawing and doodling. The first photo here is a new sketch. I think this will be my next quilt. Probably won't get a chance to start on that until maybe late this month or next month.


And here is a new doodle.....hmmm.....I could rename these to newdles.


And the last photo here is a 12-inch quilt block I whipped out last evening. I am the newsletter editor for my local quilt guild and September is our annual change over of officers and marks the start of a new year so to speak. Well I thought this year I would introduce a block of the month in the newsletter. I plan to give directions to make nine blocks. This is the first block and I will take it to share with the group at the next meeting. I do hope that someone in the guild will join me in making a block of the month.

9 comments:

  1. That doodle is way cool! and I like your block of the month idea. Great fabric combo in this first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good stuff, Terri! I am especially fond of the "newdle" you did! I can picture that turning up in a quilt you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the newdle. Think you could sell these on etsy :)

    Will you be sharing your "quilt of the month" pattern with us too?

    Love all this week's creations.

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to suggest sharing the pattern too so maybe some of us will stitch along.

    Love your mandala!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a good looking block!

    Love the newdle doodle. I just wish I could doodle like that! I think there may be a song there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too would like to sew-along. I can do with a push to use up stash fabric and re-learn piecing and free-motion quilting.
    Thank you for sharing all your art. On a grey day it's a treat to have post waiting to read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great block Terri! I also email rotary cutting instructions for a BOM to my guild also. My blocks end up being 24-25inches square and are made into quilties and gifted to the moms of sick babies at 2 neo natal intensive care units!

    http://piecefulmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. those doodles of yours would make for some interesting thermofax screens as backgrounds :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.