Friday, September 11, 2009

Sketch Doodle Block

Pretty catchy blog post title eh?

Well I've been busy this week working on formatting, designing, editing, double-checking, and more on the book that Sue and I will be releasing this fall...Creative Ways with Books and Journals. I've gone cross-eyed!

That's mostly why I don't have much to show as far as new art work goes. I did have some time a couple of evenings this week to do some drawing and doodling. The first photo here is a new sketch. I think this will be my next quilt. Probably won't get a chance to start on that until maybe late this month or next month.


And here is a new doodle.....hmmm.....I could rename these to newdles.


And the last photo here is a 12-inch quilt block I whipped out last evening. I am the newsletter editor for my local quilt guild and September is our annual change over of officers and marks the start of a new year so to speak. Well I thought this year I would introduce a block of the month in the newsletter. I plan to give directions to make nine blocks. This is the first block and I will take it to share with the group at the next meeting. I do hope that someone in the guild will join me in making a block of the month.