Sunday, September 6, 2009

Butterfly Garden

Here's another quilt that I made last year and haven't shown. At least I don't recall showing it. I call it Butterfly Garden. Speaking of butterflies, I don't get very many here, even though I'm an avid flower gardener. Perhaps it's just my location. Anyway, I do see a few monarch butterflies now and then, at least that's what I think they are. This morning I was outside doing my daily bird feeding and watering when I walked up upon a monarch on the grass. It just stayed there while I hovered over it. It's the closest I've ever gotten to one and even had a minute or two of inspection time. Usually they flutter off if I get too close. It was fun!


I had a quilt in the Blurred Boundaries exhibit that was held Aug. 31 through Sept. 4. You can see a blog post about the exhibit on Lynn Krawczyk's blog Fibra Artysta. Lynn was the curator of this exhibit. The quilt I entered into this exhibit was Waiting. You can see this quilt on the home page of my web site.

Have a happy and safe Labor Day!

4 comments:

  1. I love this quilt. Cheerful design, colors, fabrics. You did an excellent job.

    Thanks for sharing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the butterly in this and the color combination. It's such a happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how bright your quilts are. How big is this one exactly? And the three quilts you listed below are lovely too. Your use of color is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Megan, this quilt measures 21 3/4" x 17 1/4".

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.