Saturday, December 13, 2008

All I Can Say is WOW!

After Sue got her photocube and showed how wonderful pictures of her art looked, I knew I'd be buying myself one of those. Well mine arrived yesterday. The one I purchased is 32" square and "Oh My!", this thing is big! I was nervous to open it up as the cautionary warning that came with it said to be sure to hold it at arm's length away from your body. It popped open and was a little scary, but I got through it.

I had hoped to place it on the counter top but the height of it prevents that as the shelves above my counter don't allow the cube to fit. So onto the floor it went. Of course this placement then makes it easy access for those who are very curious.


I took pictures of my bowls and am very pleased with the results.

I then took another picture of this small quilt. The first picture is in the photocube and the picture below is not. I'm impressed!


I need to figure out a way to hang or attach my quilts to the back wall of the cube. For the one above I used a pin, but I'm not happy with that method. Does anyone have any ideas for me or do you have a method you've found to work?

And don't forget the Two Creative Studios Christmas Celebration! Tomorrow we draw the first winner.

10 comments:

  1. Wow great results! It really does make a difference. How about some double sided tape? Or can you use some clear filament thread to hang it from the top of the cube?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta have one of those! LOL! The cube, not that cat. But the cat looks very happy and photographs beautifully in the cube.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little clueless here until I took some time to think this idea through. I thought by photocube you meant those plastic cubes people used to buy and set on their desks with a picture on each side. I was thinking, "32", hmm, that is big!" but now I get it. You have a backdrop for your photos, right>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to get one of those too. Did you get the same lights as Sue? Is there a way to take a photo from the top rather than the front? Your bowls look spectacular and you can really see the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do you get them them from - the cubes - not the cats I already have those (thankfully!).
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures came out really great! Love the cat! Where did you get the photo cube from? and did you get the lights there also?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The difference in the images is pretty unbelievable. Wow, great purchase and it will make your Etsy items "show" so much better. Much truer colors and all...

    Good job!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I definitely need one of those too. I lug my art outside to take pictures of it. It's not the most practical way--the photo cube looks like it would be so much more professional. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your work Terri! I'm sure the folks that are receiving them for Christmas will love them! And The Cube...awesoem...where DID you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Does your cube not have an opening in the top so that you can lay your artwork on the bottom and photo through the top opening to that it looks like it's vertical? Otherwise, I should think that turning your cube so that the main opening is on top would work.

    The difference really is quite surprising!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.