Friday, August 24, 2007

Journal Quilt #34 and Great News

Guess what????? I've got some fantastic news. Oh, here's this week's journal quilt. I really threw this one together quickly and it really really shows. I used scraps of fabric and the digital printed image was something that was laying around also. Did I mention I have wonderful news? Please don't look too closely at the quilt as I had strips of fabric that weren't long enough and so the unsewn joins are really showing off badly.

fabric journal quilt
Are you waiting patiently for the great news??? Okay, this is why I didn't spend much time on the above quilt. Because I couldn't even begin to concentrate on it......I'M GOING TO HOUSTON!!!!!! In November! For the big quilt show! My dream come true!

I will be helping in the Mistyfuse booth alongside my best online friend, Sue Bleiweiss. We will even be rooming together! Sue, I don't snore. As if we'll get any sleep. I can't believe that over a year has gone by that we've known each other and we get to meet in person. We are going to PARTY! Ok, maybe not really. But I would love the chance to meet any of you who will be there also. Look for me in the Mistyfuse booth.

24 comments:

  1. OMG! So jealous - I've would love to go to houston! You two are gonna have a ball!

    I like your jouranl - are the flowers free motion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!
    I'm sure you'll have a great time, as I did in Birmingham. (I didn't recover yet...)
    BTW, your little quilt is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful! I get about that excited to know that my little quilts will be there with Ami Simms....*S*

    Something magic about Houston, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Terri-I'm sure you and Sue will be great assets to the Misty Fuse stand.Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband was standing over my shoulder as I opened your blog - even he thinks this page is cool! congrats on going to Houston. I will get to meet both you and Sue now! I'm going with my Mom and we will be there Tuesday - Sunday. This is my 4th Houston show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. I am sure you will have a wonderful time. I also love the quilt. Colours are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I hope you take lot's of pictures. It sounds like an exciting time.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just wonderful news !!!!
    Tell us more...how did all this come about.

    What fun, fun, fun. You will get lots of ideas for your new zine...

    I am sooooo happy for you !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW - you lucky, lucky person! Wish we could all be there with you. Want lots of photos and all the gossip when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, aren't you the lucky one. I went to Houston in 1989 and I like to talk about it!!... You will have a fabulous time, I know. Val

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could visit you there - you yould be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the journal quilt is lovely. I know you and Sue will have a great time in Houston. I haven't been since 1995. Was thinking of going this year; we'll see. If so, I'll look you up in the MistyFuse booth.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, you lucky, lucky girls! You will have a great time cooking up some great ideas for us on F&S. I'm sure you will be great on the Misty Fuse stand.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Terri, you have been so busy, as always I love all of your creations, but especially the wonderful Kitty pholders as if you couldn't have guessed, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Man, oh man! I swear 1/2 the quilters I know are all going to Houston this year. 2/3 of my Calendar Girls are going. I'll tell them to stop in & say hi to you 2! Sorry I can't be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi!
    COngratulations! Your excitement rings with every word in your post...the quilt is fantastic too!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Terri fantastic news, what an experience, we need lots of pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats!
    Have a nice time, both you and Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh That IS exciting news!! There is a chance I might be going, too. Congrats on your great news!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's great news Terri!! How exciting to finally meet your online buddy Sue. I think you'll end up best of friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What was the exciting news then?
    Did I miss it?

    Only joking!
    You will both have the most fantastic time.

    Love your quilt too ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Enjoy your trip to Houston!!! It will be a wonderful time! I hope to make it there someday.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.