Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Breathe In, Breathe Out

Well it's official....Fibre&Stitch is out! The premiere issue that is. It was a little bit nerve racking yesterday as we were getting everything prepared. The Fibre&Stitch staff has worked hard to provide a quality online publication and we think we have achieved our goal, and we sure hope you all agree. If you'd like more information about Fibre&Stitch, visit the website at www.fibreandstitch.com.

Below are some things that I've been busy with lately:

Yesterday I did some baking. Not much of it was edible however. Although I did bake Bob some cookies, pretty sweet of me huh? I also baked up some shrink plastic charms. Sue and I are cooking up a little project and these will be involved with that.

shrink plastic charms
My nice mailman delivered these to me yesterday. I haven't had any time yet to start reading them, but just looking through them and seeing the pictures, they look very interesting.

books
This next photo shows a drawing I have hanging on my design wall. My plan is to paint this on the back of a denim jacket. I've never done this before, so I hope it turns out.

sketch drawing girl cat
And here's a handbag I've started.

girl face handbag purse flowers
And this last photo is of a small bag I made a year or more ago that I had put away and totally forgotten about (sound familiar?). It's perfect for just carrying around a cell phone, and some cash and lipstick. Or I think I will use it for a makeup bag.

makeup bag fabric

12 comments:

  1. Lovely little bag!
    I've also got the Kemshalls' book, and I think it's a great one.
    Congrats again on the premiere issue of Fibre and Stitch!!
    :-))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The premier issue is wonderful! I've been talking it up to all my friends.

    So many projects and ideas, I don't even know where to begin.

    Thx so much for all your hard work on that team.......*S*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, love the dream bag, very cute!

    Just came by to let you know you won the free print on my blog. I need you to email me with your mailing info so I can get it sent off. You can email me at plewis11@comcast.net

    Peace!

    Paula :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, love that little bag! and the charms - very cool! and the girl and the cat for the jacket - can't wait to see that in real life, that's going to be awesome. I've been working on my jacket all morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Dream bag. Yummy. How could you forget it?
    Great minds think alike. I too have been thinking of making a garment, a vest. I need something in between weathers to wear, not too warm and not too Summery, I need something for UK weather so I can throw it in a bag ready for emergencies. That Jacket of yours will be great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the little bag and the drawing and the first issue of Fibre and Stitch is fantasic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terri

    Fiber and Stitch #1 is fantastic. I'll be telling all my friends. Best of luck on this wonderful new adventure. I'm so glad I subscribed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on F&S's first issue!

    and thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. F&S #1 is fantastic Terri. Akk the hard work you guys put in has made for a great publication you should be so proud!

    I LOVE the colours in that bag you have started, adn I'm looking forward to seeing how your jacket painting turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the purse and the magazine is fantastic, and worth every penny and more, so many pages! Well done to all you girls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that small bag. The colors are just bursting in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this little bag. I admit I have a weakness for bags and this is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.