Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happy Blog Anniversary to Me

Well, I can't believe it. One year as a blogger. Where does the time go? When I started out blogging I thought I was the last one to jump in. But not so, I've noticed more and more bloggers and I'm thinking it will continue to grow and grow. I've decided that after a year of this that I really enjoy it. I know some of my family members like my blogging as it gives them a chance to keep up with what I'm up to. I also feel that it drives me harder to create. Before I'd just blow off creating something because I was mostly the one seeing the end result. But now I'm more committed and have found that I'm stretching myself further to be more creative...and I like it. I also like blogging because it has brought me together with all of you and I've met so many wonderful people. It's so much fun to be able to share with each other and to share with those who live in parts of the world that I never dreamed I'd have contact with. Thank you all for sharing this with me.

Here is this week's journal quilt. Wow it's number 20. Only 32 to go. The focal piece was something I had created some time ago and just had never done anything with.


Also, here are my rust dying experiment results. I used steel wool pads for this. Can't say I'm overly ecstatic about them, but I can now say I've tried it. I did find another metal object that I'm going to try out with the rust dying to see if I like the result better. Maybe I'll have those results in a few days.


Oh, and one more thing. Today is the last day for commenting in my little give-away contest. I'll be announcing the winners tomorrow and sharing the gifts I've made for the winners.

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations and happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogversary! The journal is really nice - a very happy celebration of spring. The rust samples are really interesting. How did you do it - or did I miss that post? There are lots of possibilities with those fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy blogaversary! Beautiful quilt as usual and I think your rust samples look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everything you said about blogging especially meeting and sharing with people from around the world - wonderful.

    Love your spring quilt. Your work is alway fresh and inspriring.

    The rust looks good, my favourite is the top left one.

    Now we have all this rusty fabric what on earth are we going to do with it??

    Hugs, A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe if that rust was done on a different color fabric it would please more?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy blogaversary. I agree, it is so fun.

    I love the rust fabrics you made and look forward to seeing what you do with it. Must try this.

    I just got caught up on all of your recent pieces and they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy blog anniversery. I think your rust dying came out great. I'm sure you will find a use for them. And, your journal is wonderful. You have a lot of dedication to make so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogversary! I don't blog, but I read so many of the ones out there in blogland, mostly relating to fiber art of some sort. The things you create are so amazing. Your faces entrance me! Each time I check your blog I get very excited when there's some new eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blog anniversary!
    And congratulations on your great work.
    Your new journal quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy anniversary. Love the new journal quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blogaversary Terri. It's been a wonderful year. Lovely quilt and I think your rust pieces are great. Top right corner looks like a leaf?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blog Anniversary! Your rust pieces are interesting - another thing on my list to do... sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blog Anniversary. Great work as usual. Rust dyeing another thing to add to my list of things to try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Blog Anniversary!
    The rusty fabrics are really fantastic. I must try also with steel wool pads. I hope to see, what you make from it.
    Regards Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Blogaversary. Nice quilt, I like the background. Your rusted fabrics look good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your first blogging anniversary hon, from one of those even newer than you! keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Blogaversary Terri! Wouldn't be the same without you. Rusted fabrics look good but I love your happy little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful, happy, journal page; you definately have a recognizable style.
    I also started my blog last May, but it was 8 months before I made second entry. So, I don't think May counts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Blogaversary Terri-I love your rusted fabrics-I used rusty screws and nails etc for mine and got very distinct patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy blog anniversary!
    I agree with you that blogging makes you more commited to create, because you want to have something new to share on the blog. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy blogday, Terri! Your journal quilt is lovely and so are the mini quilts that you made for the winners. Blogging has really changed my life too. I had no idea I'd become friends with so many people around the world when I started this. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another beautiful journal quilt!! Lovely rusted fabrics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm a few days late "Happy Blog Anniversary" !! I love looking at everything you do. Very talent lady. Blogging is fun.
    Have a Great Week blogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.