Wednesday, March 7, 2007

My New Toy

Oh my gosh! How did I get along without this? This is THE COOLEST MACHINE. I spent 1.5 hours with my dealer learning about this machine and I think in the first half hour I knew it was mine. The BSR is going to be a wonderful tool. One thing that really impressed me with the BSR is there is two modes. For one of the modes, you simply just press a button and then you start moving your fabric, the faster you move the fabric the faster the machine stitches. The foot control is not even used in this mode. Now what really impressed me was when you slow down to make a direction change the stiching slows down too. On my old machine, I had to control the speed with my foot and I didn't always have the greatest coordination and I'd get a build up of stitches in corners. Not anymore.


My Bernina dealer gives 25% off on any accessories you purchase if you buy your machine from them. So, I went ahead and purchased the embellishing foot. I asked the dealer about some things I had heard about the motors getting worn out with the use of the embellishing foot. They told me using the embellishing foot is no different than doing free motion embroidery.

Once I had the machine set up, I attached the embellishing foot to give it a try. Remember the orange pice of felt from a couple posts or so ago? Well I cut a portion off of it and felted it to a piece of acrylic felt. This was way fun!

Next I pulled out my container of scrap yarns and fibers. I started felting them down and that was even more fun. I can tell that I'm really going to enjoy this.

20 comments:

  1. Now who's a lucky girl eh?
    You will love this machine I tried one last year at a craft show and I thought it was fantastic.
    I used to work for Bernina here in Aust.and I know that the Quality is always there.
    Enjoy your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you bought it! I'm so excited for you. I think I need one too! I am so tired of my machine.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would like one too Terri, you lucky girl. You have been very busy with other things too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You maniac! I didn't know you were out machine shopping. She's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with everyone else the new machine looks fab I need one too! Ooops no bad me I am de-cluttering not collecting at the moment, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on ya!!! You will love it - I love mine, it's my pride and joy. And already using your embellishing foot - go for it Terri!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I don't even dare to think of getting one of those machines... but to dream now that is another story... You are going to have so much fun with it... am excited to see what you do !

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new machine. And already started using the embellishing foot. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I have one, too, and the BSR really allows you to focus on the quilting designs. Enjoy! All this talk about felting on the ring and now the revelation that all it takes is a simple presser foot is tempting me to add another foot to my next purchase...I already have 3 listed that I want!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Terri ! how exciting ! a brand new toy ! you will create the most wondrous things for sure...enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want a machine that has a stitch regulator but since I already have 3 of machines, I don't think it's going to happen soon. I have looked at those ones. To die for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well now I'm jealous. Gotta have me one of those. (My poor old Bernina 1530 is sort of hanging her head right now.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your excitement is jumping off the page Terri. You lucky, lucky thing you. Your first felted piece looks wonderful, I can't wait to see what you will be producing in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have had my eye on a BSR for about a year. You will have to keep me posted on how you like it. And isnt the Bernina dealer in Mandan great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOO I love to have one to I am so in love with the bernina
    congrats Terri and have lots of fun .

    ReplyDelete
  16. A BIG WOW (with both hands waving) on the BSR! You lucky thing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi terri,
    since one year I have the same toy. I love it and I create many things with the BSR. Perhaps some day I present them on my blog. I also love to stich without foot when I make a decorate stich. That is very relaxing. grates from Germany barbara

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dang...I'd love to be able to have one of those, but think hubby would die of stickershock.

    I'm really tickled for you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bet you're in total heaven with that new machine! Wow, it's a dream come true. I'm drooling here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. YES! You certainly WILL love it! Hey your's has a cool orange logo on it too! You are SO talented and you need this awesome machine.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.