Friday, March 9, 2007

Journal Quilt #10

Wow, ten journal quilts done this year so far. I am proud of myself for being able to keep up with doing one each week. I have found that I am enjoying trying out new ideas and techniques that I've seen in some of the magazines I get. I think I probably have enough magazine pages tagged with techniques to try to last me a couple of years....well maybe not that long.

I decided to create a landscape this week. I also was playing with some of the decorative stitches on my new machine. Enjoy!


I finished this piece Thursday night. It's a 12 x 12" paper quilt. It was a lot of fun to make. Remember the lime green paint on the paintbrush I showed before??? Well I was brushing paint on the background. The background is some fabric-paper I had created and blogged about a few posts ago. I ended up putting some gesso on it, I stamped bubble wrap images on it, and I dry-brushed a few different colors of paint on it. The flowers and leaves are all made from scrapbooking type papers.