Friday, March 9, 2007

Journal Quilt #10

Wow, ten journal quilts done this year so far. I am proud of myself for being able to keep up with doing one each week. I have found that I am enjoying trying out new ideas and techniques that I've seen in some of the magazines I get. I think I probably have enough magazine pages tagged with techniques to try to last me a couple of years....well maybe not that long.

I decided to create a landscape this week. I also was playing with some of the decorative stitches on my new machine. Enjoy!


I finished this piece Thursday night. It's a 12 x 12" paper quilt. It was a lot of fun to make. Remember the lime green paint on the paintbrush I showed before??? Well I was brushing paint on the background. The background is some fabric-paper I had created and blogged about a few posts ago. I ended up putting some gesso on it, I stamped bubble wrap images on it, and I dry-brushed a few different colors of paint on it. The flowers and leaves are all made from scrapbooking type papers.

13 comments:

  1. WOW to both pieces Terri. On the second piece: Did you use your new machine for this? Did you stitch through the gesso covered fabric paper and if so, how did your machine like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your landscape and flowers are simply wonderful Terri. Well done you for getting 10 journals done too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Terri -there will be no stopping you now with that machine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work. You certainly used those decorative stitches to good effect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely LOVE this flower piece. Hard to believe it is mostly paper! Have fun with your new machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Journal quilt no. 10. Well done!!! Another beauty too, and LOVE the flower piece - it's gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these pieces are fabulous Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kudos on both pieces! I really love the flowers. Thanks for sharing how you made them. It's fantastic that you've been able to keep up with this weekly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both pieces are lovely, Terri. I love landscapses. The paper piece sounds like fun to try.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on getting 10 quilts done, love the paper quilt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two great pieces of art Terri. I can see you making 2 quilts a week with this new machine(smile)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely spring colors on both pieces. That landscape is wonderful! Oh, how I envy you that wonderful machine; isn't the BSR amazing? It was all I could do to walk out of the shop without it when I tried it. One of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing job on both these quilts Terri! I love the landscape, and you have great color and design on your paper quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.