Monday, March 5, 2007

Mad Crafter at Work

Not mad, as in angry, just obsessed. I had to work today so I didn't get to play with all my toys as much as I'd have liked to. But this evening I got down and dirty and did a few things. However, I don't have photos to share with you until tomorrow, because everything is drying.

Last night while getting ready for bed, I remembered that one of my 2007 goals was to sketch more. Well, I guess I'm a little bit late getting started, but hey, what can I say! I did this in my sketch book with a pen, and yes I did it sitting right in bed. I keep my sketch book on my nightstand in case I get any brainstorm ideas suddenly. I've decided that I am only going to use a pen in this sketch book. Most of the time when I use a pencil, I'm so hung up on creating a perfect drawing (in my mind), that I'd be erasing all the areas I don't like and redrawing them. But I'm going to try and just sketch and learn to like what I draw the first time (or not). I think it might help with gaining more drawing confidence. Hopefully.

So here's my sketch....guess what, I rather like it.


Then, when I got home and looked through the mail, I found this. It's a lovely tyvek/embroidered postcard from Doreen. She blogged about it here and I commented on it and she suggested we do a swap. So I sent her a postcard (which I forgot to take a picture of, go figure), and she sent me her postcard. Thanks Doreen, I just love it! It's going up on my display wall, with all my other goodies.

12 comments:

  1. Glad that you like it in the flesh so to speak.
    What did you think of the clear plastic support so that you could see the back as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sketch, I hope someday it becomes "something"! Beautiful postcard from Doreen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cat drawing. Will it become a quilt or wall hanging?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sketch is awesome! Cool postcard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Garden Cat. And I love visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great sketch! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wondeful postcard that you received. And it goes without saying I love the sketch I think it would be perfect for one of your journal quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketch Terri! Will you make something with it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it, look forward to seeing if you make a finished piece from the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sketch Terri. I agree with Angelcat it would be purrfect for one of your journal quilts. :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sketch is so whimsical - I love it!! Love the postcard too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your sketches are the best Terri ! what a wonderful talent you have ! this kitty reminds of my Siamese of long ago...I miss her still...she lived to be 21...and that postcard ! holy moly...it's awesome ! lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.