Friday, March 2, 2007

Journal Quilt #9

For my journal quilt this week, I followed a technique I had seen in a back issue of Quilting Arts Magazine. I positioned silk flowers on a background fabric and then I overlayed a piece of tulle to hold everything down. The article said to use chiffon, but I didn't have a piece in the right colorway. I pinned everything really well, then free motion stitched. I had fun with this quilt. My floral arrangements may soon be missing a stem here and there.


Also today, I made a piece of felted fabric using a wet felting technique and wool roving. I am terrible at remembering to take pictures along the way and have already cut into it and started a project. I am hoping to show the completed item soon.

13 comments:

  1. You are a master at flowers!! Another beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhh! spring is in the air!!! lovely.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you've done with that technique. I've seen a couple of Peggy Holt's quilts done that way and it's a very nice technique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful page Terri. I love the colour of those flowers. Your FME stitching is very even - mine is always a bit wibbly wobbly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow... I had forgotten about this technique... I love the colors of flowers you put together with that great background... Now for me to just remember to try this... Great work... and I love your green and blue for emmy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful piece Terri I must look that up in QA

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is very lovely Terri. Love the background fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love IT! So glad to see this technique as I've read that QArts article over several times and dyeing to try it. Beautiful stitching Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this and in time i wil try

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, Terri! I really love all the detail you've created with your stitching. Great texture, great composition. Fran

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.