Saturday, January 20, 2007

Journal Quilt #3


This week's journal quilt was created using a reverse applique stained glass technique that I had saved from a back issue of Quilter's Newletter Magazine. And since cats are a big part of my life, I decided to create a cat scene. The method shown in the magazine article was for hand applique (Needle turn method). But I used my sewing maching and did a satin stitch instead.

Thanks to everyone who shared their ideas and opinions regarding replies to comments. There really is no right or wrong way, you just need to do what is right for you. I'm going to continue replying to comments via email as long as I have an email address. And if a question is asked I will try and remember to post a response in the next blog post, so that if others were wondering they will know the answer also.

12 comments:

  1. This is a fun one Terri. You're very good at these cartoony type pictures, like with your Go Girl faces - sorry don't know the technical term for this type of art. Did you have any formal art training or are you self taught?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the bright colors of this It truly does look like stained glass! :) xoxo, fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri this is very cool. I like that wavy background - that is a nice touch and really gives the whole piece movement. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you know my obsession with anything feline, I just love, love, love this fun piece. Good job I don't live stateside as you might just well have found a 'cat burglar' visiting tonight, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice design. The cat is sweet and I like the placement of the flowers/leaves. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I love the color selections and the color placement on the cat's face. really, really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable. The colors you chose really make it pop and I love the wavy border.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great use of the stained glass technique! Did you use any stabilizer under the satin stitch?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all colours - so bright and cheery - also the expression on the cats face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute piece. Your satin stitch is beautiful. Must have taken a long time but probably not as long as needle turn.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so cute! The colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute cat! Amazing stained glass look!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.