Sunday, January 21, 2007

My Weekend

Well here it is...Sunday night...I should be in bed. But I had it in my mind that I was going to finish these three Go Girl Bags, and I did! YAY! Some of you may recall that in December I went out west to visit my aunt. I had given her a Go Girl Bag when I was there. Well she took it to work with her and showed it off. Two of her coworkers ordered bags from me. The purple one and the blue one. I had already started the red one so I finished that one too. I'm going to send that one along with the other two because as soon as the two coworkers start showing off their bags, someone else is going to want one, right? Hope my strategy pays off.

Fronts:


Backs:


My favorite out of this group is the red one.

To answer a couple questions from the comments in the last post:
Purple Missus asked, "Did you have any formal art training or are you self taught?"
No formal training, I'm self taught.

Feeling Simply Quilty asked, "Did you use any stabilizer under the satin stitch?"
This technique used a muslin foundation, then you fuse or adhere your colored pieces, then lay a black fabric over all of this. You then baste from the back along your pattern lines. Once that's done, trim excess black away following the basting lines. Then I satin stitched. I'm not sure if this answers the stabilizer question or not. Hopefully so.

17 comments:

  1. I LOVE them!! No wonder everyone wants to buy one. The red/pink os my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm... lovely!
    I don't know which one is my favourite! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they're all beautiful Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right - someone will snap up the red one pronto! They are really cute bags!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bags, Terri. I like them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh Lovely, I am sure you will get lots of orders

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! These are lovely Terri and they look so good all lined up together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You "Go Girl" hehe I just knew these bags were going to be a hit! Big Congrats to you darlin! Much Love and hugs! Nance

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hia Terry, I love your bags, did you applique all te design work or did you stamp? I really love them, you should sel tonnes. On the subject of etiquette, i don't mind how my questions are answered. I answer mine by leaving a comment on the commnets area of the persons blog if I cna't find an email address. I think it is jsut great to get an answer, how it comes is not a problem for me, we are all busy people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! They look great. Hope you get more orders!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The bags are just beautiful! By the way did you use a pattern for the bag itself?

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are spectacular Terri. I would have thought that once these get out you will need to send more than one spare :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them all Terri. Is the 'Go girl' bags a name you have invented for them? If so, then this adds to the whole idea of your lovley bags. I'm sure you will be up there among the big names.
    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also really like the read one as well. The faces are great!

    Joanna

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.