Monday, September 14, 2015

Weaving Updates

During the summer months, I wasn't weaving quite as much. I did get a couple of rounds of towels woven up though. Here are the latest ones off the loom. 


I love how these turned out. The center stripe in each towel is a hand dyed yarn I did myself and it changes color along the length every 10 to 12 inches. These will be added to my etsy shop soon.


The next photo shows a new warp I'm winding for some future towels. I have wanted to try a random warp with many colors like this and now is the time. I am using up partially filled bobbins and yarn cones to wind this warp.


This next set of towels I wove earlier this summer. They were made as my entry in a towel exchange that I was participating in. We were to choose our yarn colors based on some photos that were posted in the group. Once the towels were done, I shipped four to the exchange coordinator. 


And below, are the towels I received in return. It was so much fun to participate in the exchange. I love seeing (and touching) what other weavers create. I will definitely consider joining another exchange in the future.


2 comments:

  1. Have missed all your lovely work. So happy to see you back here with your gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have missed all your lovely work. So happy to see you back here with your gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.