Monday, August 25, 2014

What's Going On In My Studio

In my last post I shared some batik knit fabrics I had purchased. Here is what I did with one of them. I made the scarf following directions from a free pattern received when I purchased the fabric. I didn't make it exactly like the pattern. The pattern was a no-sew pattern, but the width of the scarf was much wider than I liked so I folded it in half length-wise and sewed a seam down the length. Now it's perfect for my taste!


I've been working on some clothesline bowls. These are not wrapped in fabric. I used some Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow to color the clothesline and once it was dry I just started coiling and sewing! Quick and easy. I am teaching my quilt guild how to make the wrapped clothesline bowls and coasters in a couple of weeks and I wanted to share this unwrapped version as another option.


Here are some fabrics I have ready for making a special request handbag. A friend of mine asked for a dark colored bag for winter time and she said she likes burgundy, navy and black. These are not colors I would typically choose to make a bag with, so I'll be curious to see how it turns out.


And here is a page in my brown-paper art journal that I was doodling on. This is such a fun and relaxing way to sort of unwind and let your mind wander.


7 comments:

  1. I don't know where to start. I love everything! I especially love the painted coiled bowls and your scarf looks fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to dye the clothesline!! Love the scarf. It looks so soft and comfy.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what's going on in your studio; everything looks great! What a great idea to dye the clothesline.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely and your scarf is divine. How fun to see your doodles and they look fabulous on your brown paper bag pages. Clothesline that you dyed is perfect for the bowls and coasters. The look of fabric wrapped without all the stripping and ripping and wrapping and so on... Creative Studio Bliss Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! And you look gorgeous!! Love all your projects, doodles n stitches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lot of colorful fun in your studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so much eye-candy here! Love those clotheslines-bowls, and the doodles are terrific on that background.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.