Friday, March 7, 2014

Busy As A Bee

I've got all corners and spaces in my studio filled with stuff I'm working on. It's a bit like a zoo around here right now. One of the things I find that I most lack is space to spread out when I have several things going at once. Usually this only happens when I'm painting.


In one corner of my room, I am painting on my canvases for the Bloom True workshop. In another corner I am painting canvas/cotton duck/fabric. And in the sewing machine corner I am quilting away.


One of the things with painting that I find helpful is to have more than one project going because I can work on something else while paint is drying.


Above are several duck cloth chunks I have painted recently. I will be turning these into handbags and totes at some point.


And guess what? I started having face withdrawals, so I created this little sweetie on an old book page. I've been looking around my stash to find something to mount her on, I am thinking some white mat board would be good....but I am fresh out. Looks like I should go shopping.

7 comments:

  1. Our studio space is looking similar these days with all surfaces being utilized with varies projects - cheers to the creative flow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I like that way of looking at it...creative flow! Thanks Carol!

      Delete
  2. How wonderful that you are sew busy with your creative muse and filling your studio with such happy cheerful projects. Adorable face on the book page dear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so love your painted fabrics. They're gonna look awesome turned into handbags and totes ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she would be beautiful mounted with a surrounding of some shade of purple. Red and yellow pop out with purple.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.