Saturday, February 1, 2014

Yikes, Another Challenge

I've been a little lazy lately about blogging. It's mostly because I've been a little lazy about taking photos. I have been keeping busy though.  This past week I started a new quilt, which I don't have any photos of yet. See what I mean!  I'll try and get a photo of it this week.

I also got the yearning to do some painting and I've been painting papers, creating backgrounds. What those backgrounds will be used for, I'm just not sure yet. I also got out my gelli plate and was monoprinting. Yay, that was fun. I do have photos of these papers and will share in the next day or so.

And I spent a lot of time surfing the web. I was in a little bit of a funk and couldn't drag myself away from the computer to go do anything. While I was surfing around I came across something that looked like it might be fun to try.


I thought about the challenge for a few days, wondering if I wanted to do it or not. Then, I came across Dina Wakley's online class...Facing the Facts...and thought it might be fun to do both. So I purchased the class, which is pretty much instant as far as getting started. I have taken a few face classes over time but I thought it would be fun for a little booster and besides, I love how Dina does faces.

So, here is my first face....Face #1 of hopefully several, maybe even 29...we shall see.


16 comments:

  1. Great face Terri, a great start to 29 Faces. Annette x

    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stamped background. It adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely face…love the texture going on in the background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, especially with the interest in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Faces and some stencil play, what fun. Funks, yup, get that....it's so easy to get lost in the computer...xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful face! I look forward to seeing more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! The skin tone, bright green and orange make a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely! and I really like the stamped/textured background - that's a nice touch that adds additional subtle interest to the overall image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you decided to join up to the challenge, super face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely face and the entire piece is beautiful. Challenges are fun and help us expand our horizons. Serene Sunday Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty and stylish. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is a great face, look forward to seeing your others.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.