Thursday, January 2, 2014

Drawing

Last evening I spent some time with my sketchbook and a photo I found on Pinterest. I recently watched a DVD by Anne Bagby and she talked about spending time every day drawing to improve your skills. While this advice is not new to me, I do know that I really should listen to it more. I enjoy drawing but don't do it every day.  I guess I probably go in spurts with my drawing. 

Inspiration photograph used with permission

I am going to try harder to draw more.  I will try to commit to doing it every day. I know from past experience that when I say I'm going to try something or commit to doing something I usually don't follow through. I need more will power and dedication. Will this year be different? I hope so.

I'm going to share my drawings and the photos I used for inspiration in my Pinterest board here. Would you like to join me? If you do, leave a link in the comments on where we can find your drawing practice photos.

As I was packing away the Christmas stuff a couple of days ago, I made a pile of all the tissue paper that came out of the presents. I thought I would add some color to some of these sheets. It might be useful in collages. And since I want to play more with collage, I should have papers to collage with...right???


I know that there are differences in tissue papers and that gift wrap tissue tends to be more fragile than art tissue.  But I didn't seem to have any problem with this stuff...so far.