I won't go into everything, especially since I am prone to not remember it all...but the past year was a good one, despite having a couple of health issues that were unexpected and slightly scary for me.
|Me and Rylee (almost 16 mos. old)|
The creative highlights of my year include:
- having a quilt accepted into the Houston International Quilt Festival and having it also win an Honorable Mention award
- creating a quilt for the Quilt Alliance contest and having it win an Honorable Mention
- creating/designing more stencils that are selling through StencilGirl Products
- completing Modules 1, 2 and 3 in The Art and Business of Surface Design workshop
- receiving a gift of a Thermofax machine and having the ability to create/design images for screen printing
- having an article published in Quilting Arts magazine (Aug/Sept 2013 issue)
- and having another article published in the Winter 2014 issue of Art Quilting Studio
I am so grateful that I can continue to be creative on a daily basis. I spend cherished time every week with my granddaughter and I have thoroughly enjoyed the continuing and new friendships I've made through my blog here and on Facebook.
I've been thinking about what lays ahead for next year and what I might like to accomplish or work toward. My list includes:
- continue to design/create images for both stencils and Thermofax screens
- play/experiment more with monoprinting/gelli plate printing
- play/experiment more with collage
- continue creating art quilts
- continue developing skills/designs for surface pattern design
I'd like to wish everyone a very merry and Happy New Year. May all your dreams and wishes come true! Thank you for stopping by my blog and spending a little time with me.