Monday, August 26, 2013

Roller Coaster Ride

I feel like I'm riding a roller coaster lately.  And this ride is not a pleasant one when it goes into those downhill slopes. You might recall that I mentioned on my blog this past spring that I had surgery to remove a lump from a salivary gland...which turned out benign, thank goodness.  Well the latest discovery on my roller coaster ride is that I have a blood clot in my right arm. Oh!

On Friday I awoke to an achy arm, I thought perhaps I had slept on it funny or something. Then later I noticed it was swollen and slightly darker than the left arm. Well I made an appointment and after an exam and an ultrasound it was discovered I have a blood clot. I have no clue why.




I am seeing a hematologist this afternoon and I hope to learn more. Oh, and I've been put on blood thinning medication.

It's been a somewhat nonproductive few days since it's been difficult to work with my arm this way. I hope it doesn't last too much longer and I can get back to creating. I have several things I want and need to be working on. The photos above are some of the things waiting for me to return to.

19 comments:

  1. So scary. I'm so glad you got right in to the Dr.hopefully it dissolves quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your situation improves quickly so you can get back to being your creative self.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it all gets sorted out soon and you're back to feeling good and creating your wonderful art, Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear... your first piece holding the arm is precious! Isn’t it amazing how art can help us through a tough time? Hope you begin to feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no-sorry to read this-hope the doctors can fix this in no time-hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. It may take some days at least before you feel better. My friend ahead the same thing a number of years ago. I hope you'll be back to your work soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Terri! I hope the cloth disappears quickly and you can rest easily again. Life sure throws us curve balls, doesn't it. Your artwork continues to inspire. I hope the next drawing of the girl is of her soaring with her bird friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it gets better very soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds scary, it is clear that someone is on your side. Hope you soon start the upward curve :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blood clots are scary so take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying you will be all better soon.... and happily back to creating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry you're going through this Terri! Hopefully, there will be an easy fix and you'll be good as new in no time. I'm keeping you in my prayers.
    Take care,
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't worry about lost days -- just take care of YOU. Most important right now -- the art will be there. Prayers coming your way.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stop this horsing around and get better so you can get back to the important stuff. *G*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bob had that once caused by being hit in the calf by a ball and then riding in the car and not stopping to move much for over 3 hours of traveling.

    He did the same thing you are doing and it did go away...if I remember it took a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.