Sunday, April 28, 2013

The Good News and a Gift

For the past two to three weeks I've been barely squeezing through my days without constant worry.  This week my worry was lessened dramatically and I can only say these two words...Thank God!

I have a lump in my neck. My ob/gyn doctor noticed it during my annual visit in March and was immediately concerned. I was referred to another doctor and I've had numerous tests, starting with an ultrasound, then a biopsy. By this point I was a wreck.  I thought the worst.  Well finally, this week, I received good news and it is a benign tumor in my salivary gland. This week I had a CT scan and in May I will be having surgery to remove it. My doctor seem concerned that he would be giving me a scar on my neck. Um, Mr. Doctor, you can give me ten scars on my neck and I would happily take them all in lieu of the alternative.

During this time I've been trying to keep busy, keep my mind from all the bad thoughts, but it was really hard. I did get into the studio and force myself to work on things, but I really have nothing to show for it.

But I do have something that I want to share with you. This something happened during the time mentioned above and it really helped to keep my mind occupied with good stuff....art stuff.

A local friend asked me at a recent workshop we were both attending if I was interested in a Thermofax machine. Um YES!!!!! But have you seen how much those babies go for? That was the only thing that was keeping me from getting one. Well to make a long story short, my friend was not asking me if I wanted to buy one from her, she wanted to give me an extra one she had acquired. GIVE!  Give????  Really???


I can't even begin to express my gratitude over such amazing generosity. Thank you, dear friend, from the bottom of my heart. You didn't know how much this gift brightened my dreary days lately and took my mind off my worries. Your gift is twofold.


I've been having so much fun going through my sketchbooks looking for images that I might like to create into Thermofax screens. I'm busy scanning, Photoshopping, and printing. Please stay tuned for more screen printing in my future. And please take care of yourselves and get regular check ups.

30 comments:

  1. So happy for you - on both counts! Hurrah for good health and generous friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, Terri!! So glad that your outcome is not the worst and is very treatable. Yay! Your thermofax is exactly like mine. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly understand the stress and worry while waiting to hear the results. So happy to hear it is benign.

    Maybe sometime you can share insights on exactly how you use a thermofax. I'm not quite sure what the benefits might be. But happy you got one, given you've been wanting one for awhile. Enjoy.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad this turned out to be benign, funny how our minds always go to the dark side, but this seems very treatable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not knowing is a scary thing and can drain you. I'm thrilled to hear your lump is benign! It is amazing how a scare like that can make you appreciate so much.

    I'm envious of your thermofax. How perfect that your friend thought of you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Terri! I am so glad to hear that your results have come back and that your mind doesn't have to dwell on them a moment longer.

    WooHoo!!! on the thermofax machine. Have fun creating positive chi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good thoughts coming your way. Del

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to hear your good news!
    Enjoy the new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm SO glad to hear that your worries are over -- those weeks must have been awful! My sister had the same surgery and went through the same fears beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stressful time for you, I'm so pleased it's turned out to be good news. Hope the surgery goes well

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad things worked out for you! I know how that feels. Lucky you on the thermofax machine! Looking forward to seeing your future projects involving it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Argh! No one is immune to health concerns... SO glad you are having a happy ending!!!

    Now - a thermofax machine... as a gift.... man-o-man I'm green with envy. I often think, "if only I could create a screen"! You are going to create great things girl and I can't wait to see where this new toy takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are OK. Having anything more scary than a benign tumor is no fun. Keep perking along:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How fabulous that you received such good news from your tests!
    You are going to have a fabulous time with your thermofax machine...actually owning one opens up a whole new world of creative possibilies...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, be blessed, Terri. Yes, you have truly received a gift in good health. And the other gift. Oh, sew great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great to learn of good news like this, so glad you can relax and enjoy your new machine now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Terri, what an ordeal to go through...so glad it is benign!! I hope the surgery goes easily and your recovery is quick.

    As for the thermofax...what a wonderful gift indeed! I have a pile of drawings that I have been collecting for the purpose of making screens...or more likely sending them out to be made one day.

    I'm so happy for you on all counts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so sorry that you had to go through such an ordeal but very happy about the outcome. Glad you had a little happy diversion in the middle of it. Hope you will be selling screens soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so glad for your results! And what a fantastic new tool to play with:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a lucky girl, on both fronts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm so happy for you Terri, that was good news indeed.
    And a thermofax machine as well! PityI don't have such a kind friend as I'd love to have one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Karen Anne sums it up beautifully!
    Hurrah for good health and generous friends!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am very glad to hear your good news on both accounts. It is amazing how hard it is to keep those kinds of worries at bay and glad you know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow...scary stuff...you have to be incredibly relieved....Great news! Good health and a fabulous new toy...what could be better!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Omygosh. So scary and yet, probably very exhilarating to get the news that your condition is benign. Time to celebrate with some joyful art! Thanks for sharing your good news. Makes my day better too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Terri~

    I'm happy to hear that your lump is benign. YAY!
    Congrats on your new acquisition too!

    Have a Quiltabulous day!
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank God is right! So thrilled for your healthy good news!!!

    Love ya.
    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Terri,
    Just read this post and am so glad you'll be OK. I too had a lump like that a couple years ago - turned out to be a blocked salivary gland. I had to have the gland removed and all turned out well. Just wanted to wish you luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is a case of a negative being a good thing. & the energy of the universe just rebalanced itself & dropped that machine in your studio!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.