Monday, April 22, 2013

A Taste of Monday

I'm keeping busy...and have too many things going on at once.  Don't we all???

Here's a viewing of what's currently going on in my little dust-bunny filled corner of the world.  I'm working on a new quilt.  It's in the free-motion quilting stage right now.


I stenciled some fabric squares with my Flower Head stencil the other day and now it's hanging on my design wall.  I'm trying to decide if this is what I want to do with it.


I've made some progress on my experimental painting and so far I'm not sure I'm totally liking it.  I changed some things along the way by using different products than I originally thought I'd use but I just feel like it's lacking.  I know what it is too.  Because I'm adapting this from my quilting technique, it's missing the quilted texture.  I'm trying to figure out what I can do to the surface so I will like it more and so far I've had an idea, but I'm sitting and thinking on that for now.


I'm glancing over at my pile of cotton jersey fabric often...wanting to start on a new t-shirt/top.  Oh if only there were six of me.  Okay, maybe I could get by with three.


And here is a sketch I quickly drew because the image struck me smack dab in the forehead, out of the blue, and now I want to get started on a new quilt.  Remember above when I wished there were six of me???


And if I'm not busy enough I signed up for an online workshop that starts in about a week.  I registered for Module 1 of The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design by Rachael Taylor.  My friend, Margaret Applin, first introduced me to Rachael and her offerings a while back and I've been thinking about it ever since.  So she and I both signed up and now we'll be classmates.  I'm excited to start the course.

I hope you are having an enjoyable Monday....and keeping busy!