Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Glue Stencil

This is my third hot glue stencil. Just lines, back and forth.


And here is a fat quarter of fabric that I made with the stencil. I'm not totally thrilled with the color combination, but I guess that's what playing/experimenting is all about. Sometimes I get color combos that are Wow, and sometimes not so Wow. It's probably a little bit of preference too, as far as the Wow factor goes.


I thought I'd share with you my unfinished wood ornaments. These are all the different shapes I have and I have several of each. I didn't feel like unpacking the boxes to do an actual count as they are all wrapped in tissue and smaller boxes. I've mainly been painting the shape that you see in the top right, which is perhaps one of the smallest ornament sizes there is.


Stencil Blog Hop - Coming soon!!! Starting date is Sunday, January 20.

13 comments:

  1. What is a hot glue stencil? Do you make it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roberta! Yes, you make these with a hot glue gun. See my previous posts here:

    http://stegart.blogspot.com/2013/01/insanely-fun.html

    http://stegart.blogspot.com/2013/01/more-hot-glue.html

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so true about color play... and excited for your hop!! been 'playin' hard! ... and i really do love those ornament shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still have not tried this. Thanks for reminding me that I wanted to make a hot glue stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Leslie and Linda. Yes, Linda, you gotta try it. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually, I like your color combination. On my computer screen it looks mostly yellow orange with some purple accents. I like to use complimentary color combinations. And the sharp lines of the stencil make it look like a batik. The last few days, I've been monoprinting and painting fabric with flour resist. I'm going to have to try the glue stencil and compare it with the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never made a hot glue stencil but it looks pretty groovy! I must try one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are having FUN, aren't you??! Thanks for your information on the wood ornaments -- I did find a company on-line and ordered 5 of them, very similar to the one in the upper right hand corner of your picture. Do you varnish them after painting to get that great shine?

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the color combo! The technique looks super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone. Regina, the colors I used were a purple and a green. The green has a lot of yellow in it and that is probably why you see yellow. And when the two colors blended it formed an orange shade.

    Diane, yes, I varnish with a Krylon gloss spray finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am totally in awe of your glue creations. Wonderful!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.