Saturday, January 12, 2013

Many Faces

I very much enjoy creating female faces. I'm not sure why that is, but it's there. So I guess I must create them. Do you have a subject that you have that same feeling about?

I recently made a list of things I'd like to do more of, creative-wise. Playing in my art journal is one of those things. While I won't impose specific days or times to do these things, I will keep the "want" to do them front and center. I review my list often and keep it posted where I can see it.

The first two photos are journal spreads that I've done. The first one is from Jan. 2. and the next one is from Jan. 11 (yesterday).



A couple months ago, or so, I created some mini quilt backgrounds and they have been sitting around gathering dust.  So I grabbed one yesterday and stitched a face on it.  The entire image was stitched in one continuous line.  Except for one line around an eye that I missed.  Oops!


I colored her in with Tsukineko inks and a little white paint for highlights. All that needs to be done is trimming and then finish the edges.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Love all the faces and your stencils showing underneath so brightly in that first one. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your work!! The whimsy and bright colors so awesome! That quilt piece is amazing!!
    Thanks for sharing!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing birds of all kinds. As you know right now it is owls. :)
    I think part of it is that you feel the personality of the face or the bird and that just gives you the feeling you have brought something to life.

    Love this continuous line piece. You need to get things gathering dust out more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY love the bottom one. Great stitching job!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lovely work! I know what you mean with always coming back to certain subjects to draw. I have the same with women and birds. Your quilts are amazing. Are those inks waterproof or especially made for fabrics? I want to start creating more on fabrics, but I want to be able to wash it. Your hot glue stencils look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Denthe. There are inks and textile paints that are made specifically for use on fabrics. Most need heat setting with an iron after they are dry, the label usually tells you what to do. But with that said I always do a wash test with any product so I know it will perform the way I want it to.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.