Tuesday, January 8, 2013

More Hot Glue

Here's my second hot glue stencil. I'd say this measures approximately 12 to 14 inches from top to bottom. It's a little stained here from using it.


Here are two fat quarters I made with the stencil. The first one here is very subtle since the colors I used are not high in contrast to the white fabric. I used Tumble Dyes for this one.


And for this fat quarter I used Jacquard Textile Colors and applied them with a two-inch paintbrush.


I've made a third hot glue stencil and I'll share that one with you soon.  I was super excited by the response from my previous posting on these hot glue stencils.  Thanks so much to all of you who left comments and I hope you all give it a try.

One thing that I like about the hot glue stencils is when I lift the stencil off the parchment paper after it is cooled, and there is a section that seems flimsy, I can go back and add more glue to strengthen it. Or I can make the stencil larger by adding on to it later. And you can cut areas away that you don't like. So versatile.

13 comments:

  1. How cool! They all look great Terri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. Glad you mentioned all the options with the hot glue....not sure I would have thought of them. It helps to be learning from an experienced artist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw this on your blog, I immediately made like 8 of them! They are fantastic for stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many possibilities. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun - the second picture looks like roses!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats it I'm gonna have to buy a hot glue gun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You my dear are amazing. The simple little glue gun and glue stick and you have created fabulous fun lovely fabrics. Who Knew?!! Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you think the glue stencil would work for making rubbings with paintstiks?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Regina, it appears to work great. Check out Jill's blog post here:
    http://thequiltrat.blogspot.com/2013/01/fun-with-glue-gun.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks super fun! Your imagination and talent have no limit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool that someone tried using them for a rubbing plate and even more cool that it worked! So many tools to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That even looks cool as a "glue blob" !!!! I love your creativity!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.