Sunday, January 6, 2013

Insanely Fun

Recently while wasting time gaining inspiration on Pinterest I came across a tutorial on how to create your own stencils with hot glue by Traci Bautista. I added it to my "to do" list. So yesterday I got out my hardly ever used glue gun and glue sticks.  

Here is the fabric I made today with my hot glue stencil. I love it.


Here is my glue stencil. I created it on a piece of Reynold's Parchment Paper and it released right off the paper once the glue had cooled. I also did a small test on a sheet of deli paper and that didn't work. The glue remained glued to that paper.


Here's my trusty old glue gun. Who knew the many uses of such a tool way back when.


I created my fabric with a fat quarter of white Kona cotton and these two Tumble Dye sprays--Red and Mustard.


Close ups.


I placed the stencil on the fabric and spritzed with my two sprays. I then flipped the stencil over and placed it elsewhere on the fabric to get the remaining spray off the stencil and that produced a positive image.


This was total fun and I'm now adding glue sticks to my shopping list as I don't want to run out.

24 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea. Love how your stencil came out. Love the colors you used to make your fabric.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is insanely cool! now where is that glue gun...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that idea! I just got the tumble dye sprays from dharma. Now I know what to do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. total kick ass. Now I gotta get a glue gun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So FABULOUS !!!! Really cool!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been looking for my glue gun for about two weeks for a different project. Have NO idea where it is! I have got to find it!! WOW - who knew you could do this with glue guns??!!

    Thanks, Terri!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who would have thought this would come from a glue gun stencil. Now where did I stick my glue gun????

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute~so simple! I also saw where glue like this can be a great medium for foiling... so here we go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that does look insanely fun! I'll have to give it a try too. Your fabric turned out great - love the color combination of those two colors and, of course, that's the perfect stencil design for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I have to try this but not familiar with the paint. Will have to research that stuff. Or maybe you can tell me where to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fabric too. Especially love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am SO gonna have to try this....LOVE your results!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many wonderful ideas... so little time!

    Thanks again Terri for another great idea!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. my goodness. That is a great idea. I need glue sticks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw that tutorial and now when I see what you have done I MUST have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun tute! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This rocks! It's the best use for a glue gun I've ever seen. I'm going to have to dig mine out. Thanks for sharing Terri!
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing and showing so many photos. I think this technique may give me the look I want on some fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Terri, this is just too cool. Now I'm going to have to dig out my glue gun and the sticks! Hmmmm... where did I leave them...?

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous idea! Can't wait to try this! Terri, your fabric turned out beautifully. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea Terry, can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.