Friday, January 18, 2013

Leaves

Here is a small art quilt that I completed recently, but was sitting around waiting for some finishing touches--like finishing the edges, which I did with a facing, and a label.

Leaves
Approximately 18" x 15.5"
The quilt is a painted whole cloth and I used Tumble Dyes for the first layers which you can see peeking through, and Daler Rowney Acrylic Ink for the final layer. It is free motion stitched with a variegated thread in the background and the black lines are stitched with black thread.

Please visit Off the Wall Friday for more great fiber art.

REMINDER
STENCIL BLOG HOP starts in two days!!!  January 20.

8 comments:

  1. beautiful depth of color, Terri.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh I love this Terri - I swear orange is not used enough! Off the Wall Friday is open on my blog if you'd like to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is very effective. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how vibrant and lively this is. It jumps off the screen at me. Well done!

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  5. What yummy colors! This sure brightened my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the combination of the orange-red background and the fresh green colour of the leaves. Very beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Terri. Very lovely piece. I especially like the echoes of the layers and also the cheerful color combination. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I was delighted to visit your creative blog.
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Terri! So bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.