Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hand Stitched Work

I finished this little piece.  Well almost.  I want to mount it on a piece of mat board and I am out at the moment.


I really like how this turned out.


It was fun to add all the stitching.  I really like lots of stitched textures.


It's completely hand stitched except for the black outlining and the zigzag around the edges.


I do admit that there are areas that I'm not happy with.  But I've decided to learn from it and move on.


Will I do more?  YES!


I've got a lot of lovely threads that I've had for some time now, and I think it would be nice to use some of them in these types of projects.


I just had to share this next thing with you.


I was going to build a fire in the wood stove the other morning and when I went to grab some kindling I looked down and saw this piece with its little heart shape.  I think my firewood loves me!!! I haven't found the heart (pun intended) to toss this into the fire.

13 comments:

  1. That heart is "sweet!" You must hang on to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart is the sort of thing I put in my "pile" on my worktable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Likin' your organza look on the quilt very much Terri; can't wait to see what else you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! I really like this. It is wonderful. Makes me want to get stuff done so I have time to do the hand work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hand stitching really enhances this little quilt. Love your wooden heart piece. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute art piece.

    Don't burn the wood!!! It is too cool...

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I love the composition, the colours and stitching. Your piece give me a spring joy.
    Carmina (Bucharest, Romania)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet piece! I've always wanted to try a design that shows a plant cutting rerooting in a bottle... maybe you'd give it a try and I can live vicariously through you?!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this piece; the hand stitching really adds to the texture.
    I've missed your blog for a bit (changed computers and lost some blogs). I really like the direction your style is taking. Very sumptuous with the layers and hand stitched textures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy your unique artistic style in your art quilts...especially your bird subjects! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely. I got to here from a search on stenciling and have had a lovely time browsing around. LOVE your art quilts and will visit often. I am a new follower :-)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.