Monday, November 19, 2012

Fabric Painting

I kept myself busy last week with some things that I can't share here. I was preparing some things for my quilt guild's Christmas party and I don't know how many of the guild members visit my blog. So that's all under wraps for now.

Over the weekend I painted this piece of cotton duck fabric. It will be turned into handbags and other accessories.



A few months ago I had created this little leaf sprig stencil from a piece of card stock.  At the time I didn't think I'd be using it a lot but it's turned into a favorite and was quickly deteriorating from use. So I traced it onto a piece of template plastic and recut it.  I now have a permanent stencil with this design.


And here's a peek at my latest hand stitching project.


I hope you all had a fabulous weekend.

5 comments:

  1. The hand painted fabric is so attractive and would be appealing to so many people. The stencil is great.

    Your hand stitching project looks wonderful. Wow!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little stencil! I can see why you needed a more permanent one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like great fun, I am working on things for my Christmas Party too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your painted fabric is just beautiful. Like a sunrise in the most perfect blue sky and with nature's leaves enhancing it all. Smart to save your stencil in plastic. Thanksgiving Blessings Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, your hand stitching is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.