Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Breathing Again

Last weekend I spent pretty much all day Saturday and Sunday at our local quilt show.  I taught two full-day classes.  I am thrilled with how the weekend went, but honestly I'm glad it's over.  I feel like I am breathing again.  I am relaxed.  I was a total nervous wreck for the few days leading up to the quilt show as I was worried about forgetting something important.  

As I mentioned in my previous post I entered four quilts into the show.  I placed first with two quilts, see next two photos:

Butterfly Fields
Crooked Tree Hill
And I also placed second with the following quilt:
Wonky Stars
Needless to say I was ecstatic about these quilts winning in their categories.  The quilt show brought in National Teacher Pamela Goecke Dinndorf of Aardvark Quilts.  Pamela is a warm and sharing person and at the banquet on Saturday evening she shared many of her quilts.  I love her use of fabric and color.

I finally have got all my teaching materials organized and stashed away, ready for a possible next time.  I don't have any teaching gigs coming up at the moment.  I haven't had a chance to get back to work in the studio yet, but last evening I got busy with this little hand stitching piece that I first shared with you in my previous post.


When I first started this piece I was unsure where it would go.  At some point I took a cue from a monoprint I had done recently and I am creating a similar design with applique.


The vase is made from two layers of embroidered sheer fabrics.


I still have more to add to this piece.


I want to add flower stems and something to suggest a table or ground that the vase is sitting on.


Hope you are having a wonderful week.

9 comments:

  1. Well-deserved congrats, Terri! {although I think the third quilt picture should have taken first?!} love it! And I like what you're doing with your 'breathing again' ... moments! Beautiful. Thanks, Best to you on your week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I do like the wonky star and I also like what you are doing with this latest piece. Maybe it is all that yummy texture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    Love the new little quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! So happy your work is being acknowledged, as well it should be :)

    auntie jude

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your first places and second place quilt winnings. How fun your little hand stitching is turning out. Blissful Dear...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Terri.

    Love the new little one. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting your comments. Thanks so much for leaving one.